reclaimed crafts has moved!

Please visit us at our new website!


Wednesday, November 12

ode to John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg

I may be dating myself here, but I'd like to dedicate this blog post to John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg.  I didn't have a beefcake poster of Bjorn, but my bestie Jackie sure did.

you can see it, right?
big hair, not as hot
Vintage tennis racquets and tennis racquet presses are everywhere. My friend and day job colleague even scored me one at the Amherst dump. A Doris Hart racquet. Turns out she is a Tennis Hall of Famer, inducted in 1969.  So really, this post should be an ode to her.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the talented guys at Smith Glass and Mirror, who kept a straight face when I asked them to fit a tennis racquet with a mirror.  Then again, this is Northampton.

Racquet presses become cork boards with vintage fabric, decoupage paper and stamps, and racquets become mirrors. 











hello, cute clog with red heel



No comments:

Post a Comment